Announcing reQognise 2.0
It will come as no surprise that I have been working on a Qt Quick version of ReQognise.
The advantages of such a change were immediately visible when testing out my base code. I hit a few road blocks along the way including some bugs that will need to wait for Qt 4.8 for a true fix (I’ve worked around them).
The result is purely amazing. If I was to show a picture, it would look the same as older versions. This really needs a video to show it off — and so, I will release a video once it has been submitted to Ovi Store. The app is still undergoing testing before I submit it to the Ovi Store.
- UI made in Qt Quick instead of Qt/C++.
- UI allows rotating device 360 degrees with instant, responsive animations.
- Many animations added.
- Better graphics.
- Better messaging system.
- Removal of Avkon (source of all lagg).
- Fluent scrolling and drag&drop actions within game.
- More expansion possibilities.
- Easier future coding.
- Although very unlikely, it is possible to get old images due to a caching bug in Qt4.7 (Fixed in Qt4.8). This can also lead to memory leaking.
- Images are still square ratio (UI design). May be improved in future version.