As you may have noticed, I have released ReQognise 2.3 on App World for Playbook devices. The reason why this hasn’t appeared on other devices is, well, because other devices don’t need the update.
The update provides:
- Update to Qt 4.8.1
- Update to NDK 2.0
- Fixes ‘Browse’ button automatically re-opening when cancelling dialog
- Screen issues when opening from portrait mode
- Bug fixes with file opening.
- Dialog improvements (UI).
One of the side-effects of all these changes is that the application is much slower now! I was hesitant to provide this update for a while because of the slow down. I have identified the issue to be caused from the updated version of Qt. In particular, they have enabled too many samples, anti-aliasing or something similar upstream.
So, I aim to fix this speed issue in 2.4 which I will be submitting to App World today.
The next update will provide:
- Even newer version of Qt 4.8.1
- Faster rotation / running
- Improved image ordering. No longer pure random. Image rotation is decided PRIOR to running and cycles through a fixed order so that you never see the same image until you have cycled through all others first. This is especially significant in the new trial versions.
Again, the Symbian and Meego versions are unaffected by this. Weaker hardware they may have but this app runs very fast on them.
On a side note, I have released several free versions of ReQognise on Playbook (Animals, Flowers, Landscapes, ..). This will allow people to trial the game before purchase. Each game comes with 15 pre-set images. To choose your own images you would then upgrade to the full version.